Main        About        News        Jobs        Members        Groups        Dentists        Contact   




Emory Dental Plan


Corporate Information

  About CompBenefits  

Accesss Plan T – 185 Dental Option

  T-185 Co-pay Overview  
  T-185 Benefit Schedule  
  T-185 FAQs  
  T-185 Search for Providers  

Residents Only Dental Option

  Traditional Plan Overview  
  Traditional Benefit Schedule  
  Traditional Search for Providers  
  Claim Form  
  Change of Status Form  

T-185 Frequently Asked Questions

How can I get more information?

You can contact our Member Services Department at 1-800-342-5209, M-F, 8am-6pm EST. You may also locate us on the web at for more information or to find a provider near you.

How does In-network coverage work?

Upon enrolling in the plan, you may seek treatment from any dentist listed in the network directory. Your dentist will charge specific co-payments for covered procedures. This means fewer out-of-pocket expenses for you when using in-network coverage.

What if I seek Out-of-network care?

If you should decide to seek dental services outside of the Dental Access network of participating dental providers, you would simply receive dental care from any licensed, practicing dentist. You will pay for the treatment rendered, complete a claim form and submit the form for direct reimbursement of approved claims. A fixed dollar amount is reimbursed for each covered procedure, not to exceed what would have been payable if a Dental Access participating provider rendered the service. Your responsibility under this option includes any cost that remains after reimbursement and maximum benefit limitations.

May I change my provider?

If you need or want to change your in-network provider selection, simply select another dentist from the provider directory to receive covered benefits. You are not required to notify CompBenefits of the change in dentist selection.

What if I need a Specialty Dentist?

Dental Access members may seek treatment from a specialty dentist at any time without a referral. Certain dental procedures will require the services of a specialty dentist (i.e. oral surgery, endodontics and periodontics). In those cases, if you select a participating specialty dentist, you will be charged the specialty dentists' appropriate co-payment from our Benefit Schedule.

Who is responsible for filing dental claims?

Members seeking services from an out-of-network dentist will be reimbursed by CompBenefits according to the Benefit Schedule. Depending on the out-of-network dentist's policy, you may be required to file your claim for reimbursement. You will receive timely payment directly from CompBenefits.

When is my benefit year?

"Benefit Year" for the first policy year begins on the Effective Date and ends on the 31st of December of the same year. Thereafter, the Benefit Year will be the calendar year.




To submit comments or questions, please visit our Contact Center.

© Copyright CompBenefits 2004